Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just call me Mr. Gym Rat....

Well not really but I did join a gym today. My best friends wife has been going to Fitness 19 and she loves it so when one opened up about 10 minutes away I figured I would give it a try. It's only $14 a month and I figure since I dropped Aikido I should be able to swing this. I've also wanted to get back into some weight lifting to strengthen the whole body and be able to keep riding/running longer. This will beat my little garage gym all day long and I'll be able to get some better hamstring exercises in. They have a cardio section but I doubt I'll use it too much. Overall it seems like a nice small gym and the times I'll be going should keep it easy to use the equipment. We'll see how it goes.

On the riding front I had aimed to do two laps around DVL but I woke up and it was just plain crappy out so I sorta fell into a lil mini slump. I ended up doing the gym thing and then for giggles went over to Bicycle Warehouse, I ended up chatting with the Mechanic there, (a guy named Mike who was pretty up on bikes and seemed like a cool guy), it was a blast actually, if I can't ride than talking about it is usually the next best thing! Anyways this got me pumped and after lunch at Peoni's with Kelly I ended up hitting Sylvan Meadows by way of Slaughter House Canyon. It was a decent ride, I still felt a bit sluggish but I got nice and wet and muddy from the half-a-dozen stream crossings. All in all not a bad day. Sorry no pics though, gotta get me a smaller camera.

No comments: