Tuesday, February 26, 2008

5 hours in the saddle....

Well today started out as kind of a ho hum day. I had planned to ride, wanted to ride and had been dreaming about it all weekend but when the day arrived....no energy. I just wanted to sort of sit around. I got the kids to school and the boy to the baby sitters and then I came home....and sat! It was quiet and a bit dark and I just wanted to lie around the house. I ended up on the lap top on STR and slowly got motivated. I had started to get the Allez ready to ride earlier in the morning but it just wasn't turning me on so, but when I walked past the FSR it grabbed me. I felt motivated and excited so I grabbed it checked tire pressure and spun out of the house. I ended up riding for a total of about 5 hours and covering between 40 and 50 miles give or take. I really wasn't caring.

I rode to skinner and did that in 1 hour and 20 minutes (that's about a 17 mile ride) and the plan was to head back but I was feelin' it and after a Cliff Shot continued on to Temecula. I ended up stopping at Chipotles for a quick Chicken Fajita Bowl and then at B&N to stock up on Mtn Bike mags. I rode in and around the mall area after that and ended up over by Bicycle Warehouse with a mean need to use the Restroom so I stopped in there and they were pretty cool. I chatted with them for a few minutes and then it was back out on the bike.

I just rode like I did when I first started this sport and didn't have the money for four bikes. I just rode what I had and took it anywhere and everywhere. I rode up hills and down, I rode this road and that road. I ended up by the first house we rented with Shawn and then ended up over by our first apartment exploring the trails (or lack of them) in Murrieta. All the trails I used to ride are gone, bulldozed for homes, or closed by the Open Spaces Distrcit of Riverside. Its such a waste. Why have open spaces if you won't allow users. (But that's negative thinking and I don't wanna do that on here) I ended up finding a pretty cool DH section in the hills to the North of Clinton Keith. It'll be a gnarly hike a bike from the Farm side but it'd be a good 2 or 3 minutes run down to the streets of Murrieta. It might be worth it on the Heckler or the Slopestyle rig I'm shopping for.

All in all I left the house at 930 am and came arrived back at the house at 315pm. I figure with the stops I wasted about 30 to 40 minutes so that's about 5 hours of riding today. Pretty killer.

In other Jman news the gym is going well. I've been there three times and am falling back on my old routines until I can find newer and better ones. It's working and I've been sore most days which just means its working. It actually feels pretty good to be lifting again and the smallness of the gym is nice. The times I'm using it the place is fairly empty which is cool.

Alrighty that's it for now, I'll see everyone on the trails!

2 comments:

Chad said...

Mmmmmmm chipotle. I love their burritos after a hard workout. 900 calories of goodness, extra guac, of course.

jaltevers said...

Amen..sour cream too!!