Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nice little ride...

So I posted my first ride on STR and had a few takers. I wanted to go out and ride the Fontana race course just for fun without the pressure of a race day so I met up with DavidB and Speckled Trout (Quinn) and we hit the trail. It was a beautiful day out today with lots of sun, mountains covered in snow and the dirt was in great shape. It was a bit windy but nothing so bad that it was miserable.

We ended up doing our first lap and I felt good, David had the idea to do another lap but with our stomachs growling we decided to stop at Subway for a bit o' lunch and then hit the second lap. I was a bit surprised that I actually felt better on the second lap. I climbed al the hills without walking and THAT felt great. Now that I know I can do it I'm hoping to let it all hang out on Saturday at Race #3. I rode the Heckler and it sure is a nice ride. It felt like it rode better than the FSR but I know it's not quite as fast. I'll ride the FSR on Saturday regardless as it felt pretty good on a ride I did last Thursday. In all we rode about 15 miles in about 2 hours or so. Not lightening fast but that was not really the point of this one.

It was a fun ride with some good people. All of that equals a great day out on the trails.

DavidB

Quinn still smiling as we start the 2nd lap.
The road up...this particular climb ends at that water tower. One of the tougher climbs of the course.
Just a self portrait just to show that I was there....not the prettiest of pictures!!
I was using an older HP camera with like 2.31 mp so the pictures aren't the best BUT I can fit it in the camelback so I can get a few pics 'cause we all know that a Ride Report is nothing without pictures.

'Till next time keep the rubber side down.


No comments: