Monday, March 17, 2008

Find me a rock!!!!

Well I think I've discovered new outdoor funness!!!! (yes funness...I don't care if it's not a word) I've been wanting to get to a rock climbing gym ever since one of my bro-in-laws started getting back into climbing. I finally managed the courage to go to one and look stupid for a little while. Last Tuesday I hit up Solid Rock climbing gym in San Marcos and wow what a blast! It was really fun and SUPER hard. I climbed for a little over an hour and my upper body was absolute toast. I was sore for the rest of the week and its given me something new to work towards with the weights in the gym. Very fun stuff and with a new gym opening up in Riverside and possibly one opening up in Temecula in the next year I'm thinking this is gonna grow on me. I'm already trying to decide when I could go next and am thinking the week after the kids spring break might be the week. It's not super expensive but it does cost about $12 on the average so it won't be a three times a week thang anytime soon but to supplement some of the riding, running and weight training I'm doing it'd be fun. And maybe if I get the guts up I might be able to hit Joshua Tree with my bro-in-law!

No comments: