Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A New Rides first real ride...

So I took the Bottlerocket out for its first real pounding. I met up with the crew from STR at the Fontana 4x course and started rocking. The bike felt great and so did I. Thanks to Willy for adjusting the rear mech, I spent like an hour trying to dial it in and he did it in nearly 2 minutes! Man I've gotta start working on the whole mechanic thang. As always it takes a few runs to get the confidence up but towards the end I was starting to really feel flowey and in tune with the bike. I really think this may be the bike I race on in next years 4x. I know its heavy at like 40lbs but it didn't feel that heavy when I was riding it. It felt just as flickable as the hardtail and fit under me really well. You can totally compare these pics with the first few pics back in decemberish and see how much more confidence I have just in the lean on the berms if nothing else. Well that's it for now folks, as always keep the rubber side down!

I love the pictures and all the photog credits go to Sharky of STR. The guy with the real good lean on the Bottlrocket in green accents is Todd aka Destroyer and his ride was the inspiration for mine. Great rider and an even greater guy. Thanks Todd.




No comments: