Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Daddy/Daughter Day Hike...

So I came up with the brilliant idea of taking my 7 year old twin girls for a quick jaunt in the Santa Rosa Plateau. I had figured with all of the rain we had earlier this year that the Vernal Pools would be full. So I packed up a couple of snacks, a couple of water bottles and the camera before picing them up after school and off we went. It was a beautiful day with a few scattered clouds and some light sun. The temp was in the low 70's and the girls had a blast. They wanted to jog a bunch and were probably a bit loud but all in all it was fun. We did just under 2 miles and the girls are already asking for a longer hike. This is all in prep for our first daddy/daughter overnighter in June! Here are some pics of the girls at the trail head and some of the scenery we got to see.



4 comments:

allison said...

Looks nice out there!

jaltevers said...

It was, the weather and the company was awesome!

Unknown said...

That was cool what you did with your daughters. I need to take my daughter out like that more often.

jaltevers said...

It was and in fact they still talk about it. We just did our first camping trip a few weeks ago and I'll be posting a few pictures of that in a week or so I hope. It's stuff like this that I hope they'll remember for the rest of their lives.