Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another week down...

Sundays seem to get here faster than ever now-a-days. The older I get the faster these weeks go by. ;-) So this week was fairly successful for me, I started back to work and while that was mildly painless it sucked falling back into the rat race after such a great time off. I was able to get into the groove fairly quickly and it seems like I should be able to balance all the things I have goin' fairly well. I'm pretty stoked by that.

So last monday with it pouring down rain...and I mean pouring, I got in a quick short 2.5 mile run. I wish I had some pictures cuz I was super soaked by the time I got back to the house. I was so wet I had to go into the garage to change out of my running gear. It rocked!

On Thursday I got in a 25 mile road ride. I have been trying to slowly increase my distance and I felt pretty good on this ride. I pushed a faster cadence and pushed myself really hard the last 3 miles or so. I was riding into a head wind most of the way back into Wildomar which sucked my mph down a bit but I felt like I really pushed hard. It was a good ride! I think I'm ready for the DVL ride this week to see if I can do the 22 miles in 2 hours on the FSR. I'm thinking yes but we'll see.
Oh and the fourth picture down shows the construction work they're doing on the sink hole that showed up on the 215 this week and caused some major drama on the roads of Murrieta/Widomar. It's not the greatest picture since its my cell phone but I thought it cool to see it.







Today (Sunday) I was tired from my first full weekend of getting up at the crack of dawn and I really just wanted to come home and flop on the couch. Instead I bee-lined it to the room and laced up to hit the pavement. I could've copped out and done another short run but I really wanted to get in a good long run (for me anyways) so I pushed myself to do what I'm calling the Santa Rosa Loop (cause it goes around the Santa Rosa Apt not the presrve!). It's 5 miles and either climbs up Nutmeg or or Clinton Keith depending on which way to go. I felt strong and ended up doing the run in 50 minutes which is 5 minutes faster than a week and a half ago. I'm stoked beyond words right now! That's a ten minute mile. I pushed hard the last two miles and really hard the last mile or so to get the run done in the 50 minutes. It was good!

So all in all it was a successfull week and I'm looking forward to another good one next week. With no real rain in the forcast some overcast days and mild temps it's going to be a great week to get out and enjoy the out doors. Have a great one everyone we deserve it!

No comments: