Wednesday, January 9, 2008

MY FIRST 50 MILER....

So today was a ride day and with my first race only three days away I wanted to get a decent ride in. I started out at the corner of Scott and Antelope in Murrieta and just rode. Well next thing I know I'm up in Perris and still feeling pretty good. At Nuevo I had been riding for about an hour but my legs felt great so I pushed forward. A little voice in the back of my head was saying, 'Hey you could ride to the 60 freeway!' You know I really need to stop listening to that guy.....but I did listen and before long there was the 60 freeway. 1 hr and 45 min. to get to the 60 and then I basically retraced my steps throwing in a few more twists and turns so that it didn't get boring. I will admit that I was hurting pretty good coming down Newport to Antelope and had to really talk myself into pushing on. It was a great ride though and I while I was HUNGRY at the end of the ride I resisted the urge to eat at the Del Taco I had parked next to. So other than being hungry and having a pair of sore knees I feel pretty great. What did I eat, you ask, well I ate a couple Tuna Sandwhichs and some Mac and Cheese. Not bad really. BTW, weight at the start of the ride 206.5, weight at the end of the ride 202.5....Sweet!

No comments: