Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New ride...

Yep I completed my collection of bikes today with a new XC ride. I now have an AM/lite FR bike in the Heckler, a 4x AM/Lite FR HT with the Chameleon, a decent roadie with the Allez Elite and now a good XC bike with the Specialized FSR XC Pro. All done up in Specialized red and white.



After much searching, questions and research I dumped the 29er idea as well as the possibility of getting a gravity rig and just went with what I know and probably ride the most of and that's XC. I pretty stoked about it and will probably race it this Saturday and Southridge.
In other news I got run #2 in yesterday, only 38 runs left in 08!!! It was a great short run in which I went all out and got my mile time down to like 11 minutes. Not the best I know but I think it's pretty good for a 205 pound guy who does not run full time and until about 3 years ago hated running.
So after getting the bike I now need to upgrade to clipless pedals and some decent riding shoes. I also need and I mean I really NEED a new pair of running shoes because the NB's I'm running in now have been used for 3 years solid. We'll see what the tax man can do about those problems.

No comments: