Sunday, January 13, 2008

My first race is in the bag...

So I completed the Southridge XC race #1 as well as the Super D. I had a blast, it was absolutely the best time and opened up a whole new world of mtn biking to me. I'm so happy that I've though ahead and set aside a few more Saturday's to race. I am already thinking about the race on the 26th and looking for ways to do better. Just want to say thanks to all of the STR gang that was there. It was a great time. I placed 7th out of 12 riders in the Beginner 35-44 class w/a time of 1:00:27 and 7th out of 13 on the Super D race with a time just over 13 minutes. My goal had been to finish the XC race in at least an hour or less and I'd say I did just that, especially since I lost about 3 or 4 minutes on a wrong turn. So next race I'm hoping to cut at least 2 minutes off of my time. The other issue that slowed me down a bit was the 50 miler two days earlier. I thought my legs were doing okay but it was pretty evident to me early on that they were a bit weaker than I originally thought, nothing huge but I might've been able to shave another minute off with fresher legs. So on the 26th my goal is to complete the race in like 57 minutes. We'll see how I do. For now though I am basking in the glory of being an XC racer even if only a beginner!

No comments: