Saturday, November 17, 2007

Cool Stuff....


You know I'm not sure which I love more, the outdoors or the gear that gets me there! I mean honestly I don't think I can stop cruising the internet for gear be it running gear, backpacking gear, hiking gear or bike gear. Right now I'm obssessing over bikes! Here's a perfectly good bike that I rode all over the place. It's ugly I know and I didn't pick the color (bought it used for an excellent deal) I beat the heck out of it for about a year and now it's lying in the laundry room devoid of parts (they're all on my Santa Cruz Chameleon which kicks butt itself...pics to follow). So this Bullit was two bikes ago (Just to prove to my wife what a gear whore I am I bought 2...yep 2 brand new bikes at the same time!). So now I have a hardtail for beating up, a dual suspension all mountain beauty (by the name Heckler) and now I'm looking for a possible pure XC ride for those road dires on dirt type rides. (Have I mentioned I also own a Specialized Road Bike? I'd have bought a Santa Cruze but they don't make their road bike anymore). So what is one to do with this disease? I mean it can be pretty bad...I did just spend like $800 on backpacking gear! Whew, I know I'm not the only one who has this affliction but man I work for the local government...one of these days I'm going tohave to find a cure for this...wait I know a trip to the local bike shop.....or maybe....REI could do the trick! ;-) Ride On folks!

No comments: