Thursday, November 29, 2007

The De Luz Loops...

Well I knew I wanted to get in a good road ride this week and last night I started prepping for what has become my longest road ride to date. I had the bright idea of riding up Rancho California Road into De Luz and so this morning I started out at Back Alley Bikes in Wildomar off of Clinton Keith and made my down to Rancho California. It was a good beginning ride and the hill up and out of Temecula was crazy steep and FUN! It was hard work but after riding the whole thing with no stopping and no walking it was very gratifying. The ride continued on and I saw some new sites and in general had a great time. I turned down Comancho (I think) and road over to Los Gatos. Now there is a scary steep street. The guys at Redhawk Cyclery told me this afternoon that Los Gatos is like 27% grade so needless to say I did walk that section. The rest of the ride was a blast as it was mostly downhill and again FUN!

On another note I tried some gel packets today (Strawberry/Banana) and was impressed with both their taste as well as the results of taking them. I felt great the whole ride and really didn't bonk the whole ride. I also tried the Chocolate Chip Clif Bar and was also impressed with that. So all in all it was a great morning off riding followed by a nice hour long visit to the bike shop where I got some nagging questions answered (Like it's gonna cost me a pretty penny to get a true XC rig and that the 12 hour event at Vail is doable with some good support).

So it was a good weekend (my weekend at least) of riding and I only really need to do a little 2 mile run on Saturday to feel like I had a good week of exercising. Hope every one has a great real weekend. Keep the rubber side down y'all.

No comments: