Monday, January 26, 2009

hmmm

Well here I was sitting all Quasimodo like over the laptop writing emails and reading blogs about riding. I had told myself I was going to ride this morning and yet there I was coming up with excuse after excuse. (It's cold outside, I'm tired, my work day is going to suck, my week is going to bite!) Then a light bulb went off and I got changed. I threw on the Lycra (I haven't worn Lycra on mtn bike in two years) and the leg warmers a long sleeve jersey and hit the dirt on the FSR. It was a good ride and I tried to push myself a bit up the hills. I stayed in the middle ring a few minutes longer and nearly cleared two short steep rocky ascents I usually have to HAB. It was a 70 minute ride and I probably did 8 miles. Not much compared to some of the folks I read about but right now it was good for me and started the week off right. No pics though cuz I had a short amount of time. Now I'm scarfing down a couple of PB&J sandwich's and am heading out the door for work. I'm happy that I pushed myself and now I can go to my first day back of the Spring semester knowing I didn't slack off. Life is good...well it will be until I get to work! LOL til my next post...keep the rubber side down folks!

1 comment:

Pedal Circles said...

Once you're on the bike it's usually a good time. Just gotta give yourself that little bit of extra push to get out there!