Sunday, January 18, 2009

A light week...

It wasn't a bad week but it was a bit...off. I didn't work my normal schedule at work and instead got caught in jury duty on Monday, a day shift on Tuesday and just a busy day that started out at court (for work) on Wednesday. Thursday was a quiet stay at home day that should've been a ride day but with a sick daughter it was time to put rides/runs and exercise worries out to pasture and take care of her. Friday was apartment signing time and that took all evening. So what did I end up doing for the week? Glad that you asked! lol

I got a run in on Monday afternoon and it felt decent. I stuck around the 30 minute mark and pushed myself a bit harder than I have on the previous few runs. I got up to a good 7 (on a scale of 1 to 10 w/10 being all out) and felt good enough to slow down, recover, and then push again without walking. After Monday there was nothing to speak of until....

Saturday, I raced home from work, changed and tok off on the FSR. I pushed myself several times and took full advantage of the settings on the rear shock. I pushed down hill along Scott Rd. I went South on Haun and then up and around the water tower to the Nursery. I remember a time when the dirt road to the nursery was nearly impossible but yesterday I pushed it and made it up. It wasn't fast but it was steady and it felt good. From there I did my normal run down into the small valley and then back out to the farm. I rode well, felt strong and had a really good time! All in all I was out for 95 minutes w/about 15 miles. Not a swift pace but a good solid pace for me. Next week I'm hoping for two rides and a run. We'll see if life/family will let me!










Just a few pics of the ride. I was trying for some different shots but its not easy to hold a camera phone, balance and ride over a rutted road with one hand! LOL. I really need to get better shots/camera so I can get better scenic shots. Until next time keep the rubber side down!

No comments: