Thursday, January 22, 2009

News of the Day....

So it's thursday or sunday if you work Friday thru Tuesday like me. I didn't get a chance to get out yesterday 'cause a daughter was down sick...again! So this morning I forced myself to do something. I dropped everyone off came home, changed and went for a run. Today I didn't care how long I ran I just ran. I ended up doing 4 miles in about 50minutes. I did the road thang for a bit and then hit the dirt. It felt good and I kept a steady but comfortable pace. It was probably a 5 for most of the way. Lot's of climbing though and I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. Took a few shots and here they are, the last one is the approaching storm that I dodged by about 2 minutes. I don't mind running in the rain but it was nice to stay dry.





In other news on this gloriously overcast day is that I'm returning to a love I left about a year after I got this job of mine. That love is Aikido. After speaking to my Sensei about some issues I am returning to the dojo. I have mixed feelings about this as it takes me out of the house on my Sunday. I get back at around 8pm and I have an early morning every Friday. Yet, despite that I know I miss it something fierce. When I stopped going due to time constraints and cash flow I felt as if something was missing. I had invested a lot of my time and energy into my training in the last 6 years and to just stop was tough. The information I accumulated and the books I had loved sort of just sat there mocking me. So now nearly a year later I'm looking to return to the training because I feel my life is lacking a certain balance and spirutality that my Aikido training can provide. I'm scare and apprehensive but excited at the same time. We'll see how it goes. Here's a few pics of me and of the dojo with some of my training partners. It's actually quite a blast and a lot harder than the critics of Aikido could ever know.



2 comments:

Groover said...

The black and white photo in the dojo is great. I never practised Aikido but did Shotokan Karate and a little bit of Jiu-Jitsu, Ninjutsu and Judo when I was younger and know exactly what you mean when you say you missed the dojo. I still do sometimes after so many years. Good on you for taking it up again. All the best.

jaltevers said...

Thanks.