Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week in review...

Overall it wasn't a bad week to be honest. I got in a run, some rides and a bit of daddy daughter time. A downer/upper popped up at the end of the week with the decision for the family to leave the house we've been in for five years and move into an apartment. I also just got an interesting offer from an old friend that I don't think I'll be able to pass up.

I've got some pictures too.

I started the week out with a run that was nice. It was about 40 minutes and it was good to start the week off with exercise, especially when that was my goal.

Wednesday was spent with the girls since we were all out of work/school. We spent the day having goofy fun and visited the Lake Skinner playgrounds which they love. That is where I took a picture of them at.

Thursday I got in a 50 minute bike ride on the road. It was amazing how out of shape I am in when it comes to the road bike. I did what I consider to be the Farm Crit which consists of a 3.5 mile loop through the Farm. I did three laps in 50 minutes. I was going to push for a fourth but I had a date with my wife at noon and it was 11:50. To be honest though my legs were shot and I probably would've bonked half way through.




Finally on Sunday, unable to take watching the Chargers get beat by the Steelers, I took the Heckler out for a spin through the dirt roads around the house. It was a decent ride but I sucked wind a bit due to my poor shape and a head/chest cold I've been fighting off.






So the weekly tally was 2.5 miles running and 21 miles riding. Not great by the standards of a guy in shape but pretty good for a guy who had a three month lay off and who has been fighting off a cold for the past week and a half! I do apologize for the quality of the pics, they were take on my Katana cell phone. But I do love having pics on my blog!

No comments: