Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a new year...

So it's a Friday and I'm off...not only am I off but the whoe family is off!!! Crazy. So I slept in this morning and then ot up and hit the bike for the first ride of 09! It was a decent ride on the normal trails. Having been off the bike since about November I wanted to take it super easy just as I've been doing with the running. Nice and easy to regain the lost base fitness. So I kept it to about an hour...70 minutes to be precise.

I felt a bit off for the first mile or so but then settled in. I can't believe that I out of the whole 1000 acres or so of land I ride through I picked the one spot of dog poo to dismount on!!! Lucky me, so after cleaning it off the best I could I was back on the bike. The skills came back slowly and by the end of the ride I felt pretty good. I hit up VA hill but only rode the lower quarter and the upper quarter. The real steep middle section was a no go but gave me a good idea of where I stand in the over all fitness.

I tried to take a couple of pics with the camera so I'll upload those and see how they look. Hope everyone had a pleasant and safe new years!





Not bad. I'll have to keep doing this as I like Blogs w/pics!

No comments: